Invite more playfulness and freedom in creative expression!
In adulthood, play can be one of the most tender and vulnerable places. Do you think, “I’m going to get in trouble if I’m caught playing when I should be working?” Do you berate yourself for “wasting time?” Or tell yourself, “play is for children?” These constricting habits can make creative self-expression uncomfortable.
What if you could appreciate your creativity for the gift it is? A playground is a great place to start. In its finest form, a playground could look like:
- Safety to play and express yourself freely.
- A container to nurture your creativity.
- Deep acceptance and trust in yourself.
But you don’t need the finest form to get started.
This feel-good writing class will help you tap into your creative joy and self-expression.
“I loved this because it taught me something new about myself. Malar has an open heart, making it easier for us to be open as well.” (Past workshop participant)
You will also gain skills that will translate to your everyday life, such as:
- Identify what obscures your joyful state and how to move through it.
- Practice communicating from a place of curiosity, possibility, wonder, awe.
- Revive your relationship to writing and creativity.
- Create an anchor so you can call in the yumminess whenever you want.
You will discover:
- Tools to enhance the fun of writing and creating.
- Keys to embody your joyful experiences and memories.
- A clear sense of who you are and what you want to focus on by re-engaging with what is truly important to you.
- Pathways to allow your playful parts to rise to the surface.
Included are embodiment exercises, mindset revival journaling, and personal and creative writing prompts to create a foundation of accessing joy in self-expression.
Take the pressure off and be open to surprise! This isn’t just silly whimsical play—this is transformative play in a space of deep acceptance and trust in the many parts of yourself.
When you know who you are and what you want, so much is possible, including manifesting your desires, and being seen, heard, understood, and celebrated. Allow your playful exploration to magnetize passion and activate fresh energy for your projects—and life.
Malar helps people who want to tell their stories and find their own voice. Since 2008, Malar has worked with writers in every messy step of the creation process. With a degree in psychology, Malar is a certified coach and writing instructor.
She is passionate about delving deep into the story underneath the story—the root cause of the struggle with creative expression—so you can feel good about yourself in communication, and in life.
Start date: March 1, 2021
End date: April 5, 2021
Day of the Week: Monday
Time: 7:00 p.m. PT – 8:15 p.m. PT
Duration: 6 weeks
Number of Sessions: 6
Level: Open to all levels
Note: It would be helpful if you register by 2/25/21, one week in advance of the start date.
Questions or need more information? Contact me.